Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I've posted a new print in the shop. It's actually the very first painting I did in photoshop for my store in January. Cray, huh? I didn't want to post it until I felt it was "finished". It always looked incomplete to me until today... That's what I find inspiring and frustrating about working in a digital medium- there's no point when you look at the "finished" piece and say, "Well, I've done all I can do". You can always go back and change something. Remove an element. Add more color to the face. If you're working with a traditional medium you can only do to much before you start to destory the integrity of the artwork, not so with Photoshop.

For me, it takes some restraint not to over emblish on the composition some times.

I'm starting to think of holiday items. I was having a dream about a girl exhaling warm breath in the cold. I got some pretty interesting visual ideas from that. It's a long time away, but I'm hoping to participate in the No Coast Craft-o-Rama in December of this year... We'll see if it happens.

Adios for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment