Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Steps...


Today I'm taking a bold(ish) move towards becoming a professional artist. I've created 4 pieces so far that I am interested in selling (with more to come). I just purchased a great printer that produces photo-quality prints and I'm going to be buying paper and shipping supplies with my next paycheck.

I've been using all my free time outside of work and new episodes of LOST to create art work on my computer. As clichéd as it sounds, I've wanted to be a professional artist for as long as I can remember. Insecurities, life and general f*cking up have "delayed" this dream. However, I am feeling pretty good about the prospects these days. I'm going to be setting up a Etsy account and promote the crap out of my prints as soon as above supplies are purchased. Setting up this blog and unveiling the first of my works are the first baby steps towards accomplishing this dream.

Time will tell if I am successful. Even if this remains a hobby I'm feeling very fulfilled by expressing all the little ideas that pass thru my imagination. Yesterday I thought of a Pandora's Box theme. ....I'll be starting that some time tonight I'm guessing.







No comments:

Post a Comment