Friday, April 3, 2009

Phrenology


So this latest piece I'm working on was inspired by the out-dated use of "Phrenology". In a nutshell scientist believed that you could determine what type of person you were by studying the bumps on your head. Each area of the head indicated a different aspect of your personality. For example, one of the images I came across showed language behind the left eye. Benevolence, wonder and wit were some of the other traits localized to that side of the noggin.

And you thought Phrenology was just the title of another Roots album! Psssht!

This "scientific method" was very popular in the 19th century, much like blood letting to cure sickness and drowning supposed witches in centuries past. It kind of makes me wonder what philosophies and scientific beliefs will be dispelled in years and decades to come. Any guesses from the peanut gallery?

I'm still waiting to purchase art paper and packaging supplies. Looks like I mis-read my pay date information. I checked my bank account today. It still looks anemic and on the verge of collapse. Nothin' new there. On the up side I finally did my taxes and the return and pay day should coincide nicely. Then I can buy supplies! I can't wait!!! Seriously, I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Day.

Now I am off to start another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment